The main objective of the Uttar Pradesh Food Processing Industry Policy- 2017 is to ensure fair and remunerative price of the produce to the growers, value addition to the price of raw produce, promote setting up of food processing industries, easy availability of processed food products to consumers at competitive prices, generation of new employment opportunities to build capacities and increase the skill level of the manpower in this sector and also make available additionally required manpower.
The said policy shall remain effective for a period of 5 years since the date of notification of this policy (27/10/2017).
- Processing of fruits and vegetables, flowers, spices, honey, medicinal & aromatic plants and mushrooms.
- Processed products based on agricultural produce such as food-grains, pulses and oilseeds.
- Processing of agro-based products like milk powder, baby milk food, malted milk food, condensed milk, ghee, other dairy products, poultry and eggs, meat and meat products.
- Fish processing.
- Processing related to bread, oilseed, edible food items, breakfast food, sweets (including coco processing and chocolate production), malted extracts, protein isolates, and food items rich in protein, weaning food and extruded food products.
- Specialized packaging for food processing industries.
- Reefer vehicles/mobile pre-cooling vans.
- Creation of infrastructure based on the post-harvest management and agro processing cluster.
Other Benefits: All the relevant concessions underlined in the Uttar Pradesh Industrial Investment & Employment Promotion Policy-2017 will also be admissible to the food processing industries.
Meaning of Technical Civil Work:
All civil works which are not related to production process, will not be counted in Technical Civil Work. Following civil works is not included in the category of technical civil work:
- Boundary Wall
- Approach Roads (Sampark Marg)
- Administrative Office Building
- Toilet rooms (Prasadhan Kaksh)
- Labor rest rooms and Labor quarters
- Cleaning Room
- Security Guard Room
- Related Consultancy Fees
Meaning of Plant and Machinery:
Machinery and Equipment relating to following activities will be covered into category of eligible plant and machinery:
- Sorting, Grading, Washing, Peeling, Cutting and Sizing.
- Bleaching, Crushing, Extraction, Pulping.
- Drawing, Dehusking, Dehulling, Splitting, Depodding, Deseading, Color Sorting, Pulverization, Extrusion, Freeze Drawing/ Dehydration, Frying etc.
- Pasteurization, Homogenization, Evaporation, Concertation etc.
- Canning, Aseptic Packaging, Vacuum Packaging, Bottling, Eatable Packaging, Labeling and other special packaging etc.
- Chemical Preservation, Pickling, Fermentation and other facilities relating to processing.
- Individual Quick Freezing (IQF), Blast Freezing, Plate Freezing, Spiral Freezing etc.
- Controlled Temperature, Transport Cooler/ Refrigerated/ Insulated/ Ventilated Transport.
- Any other activity related to value addition and increasing shelf life.
Following plant & machinery will not be included in eligible plant & machinery:
- Fuel/ Oil, Consumable and stores.
- Electrical items (except equipment installed in machinery)
- Computers and office furniture.
- Transport vehicles.
- Installation and Commissioning charges.
- Used/Old/ Repaired machinery.
- All kinds of service and transport charges.
- Expenditure of painting of machinery.
- Closed Circuit TV Camera and related equipment.
- Related Consultancy Fees.
- Stationery related goods.