Government of Rajasthan has issued Rajasthan Agro-processing, Agri-business & Agri-export Promotion Policy, 2019 (Agro Policy of Rajasthan) in order to make Rajasthan as a production and supply hub of processed agricultural products and a destination of choice for investors, processors and exporters.
Eligibility criteria for availing benefit of this policy i.e. eligible persons, eligible activities and ineligible activities are explained here under.
Eligible Persons/ Organizations:
Following list of persons/ organizations are eligible to avail benefit of the scheme.
- Group of Farmers/ Growers
- FPOs/ FPCs registered under respective companies Act/ cooperative societies Act/ societies registration Act (with minimum 50 number of farmer members)
- Partnership/ Proprietary firms
- Self Help Groups
- Cooperative Marketing Federations engaged in Agro & Food processing
The policy will cover the following sectors:
- Fruits & vegetables processing
- Spices processing
- Cereal/ other consumer food products
- Oilseeds products
- Rice & flour milling
- Pulse processing
- Herbal, medicinal, flower and aromatic products
- Minor forest produce processing
- Honey processing
- Milk processing
- Meat (other than beef), Poultry, Fishery processing
- Cattle feed, poultry feed, fish meal products
- Non edible agriculture produce processing
- Other such agricultural and horticulture products processing activities for preparing food flavors and colors, oleoresins and mushrooms products
- Agri waste processing units
- Infrastructure projects: Collection/ Aggregation Center, Warehouses, Cold storage, Food Irradiation processing plants, Cold Chain, Pack houses, agro processing clusters or parks declared by State Government, Reefer Vans etc.
Following sectors will not be eligible under the policy:
- Investment for manufacturing Tobacco products, Pan Masala containing tobacco, Gutka other intoxicated products
- Investment in stand alone bottling or packaging plants including bottling/ packaging plants for potable liquor, beef or aerated drinks
- Beef Meat processing units
- Manufacturing of soft drinks, production of mineral waters and other bottled/ pouched waters.
- Manufacturing of sizing of wood, manufacture of furniture and products made from wood and cork
- Production of firewood and charcoal
- Processing units discharging toxic effluent without having effluent treatment plant.